Marie's Asian Egg RollsFrom NPMarie 4 years ago
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken shopping list
- 1 tsp minced ginger shopping list
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 21/2 cups cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 21/2 cups bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 carrot, grated shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tsp Sriracha (I used a little more) shopping list
- Dash Chinese 5 spice shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- Olive oil, to brush the egg rolls with shopping list
How to make it
- In a wok or large skillet, cook ground turkey until done, breaking up while cooking, then drain if needed. Add ginger & garlic, saute for a couple of minutes. Add shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot, green onions, toasted sesame oil & Sriracha. Mix all ingredients well, add dash Chinese 5 spice and a little salt & pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 - 7 minutes. Let mixture cool. (I made this in the morning put into my fridge and rolled the egg rolls later in the day)
- Aftre mixture cools, lay 1 egg roll wrapper on flat surface, ( cover your other egg rolls with a damp paper towel) add about 2 tbsp mixture to center of diagonal wrapper. Fold the bottom corner snugly over mixture, then fold in both sides, snugly against filling. Roll wrap and moisten the edges of the last flap. Repeat until all wrappers are done. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place egg rolls seam side down. Brush the tops with olive oil. Bake in a 400 oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite hot mustard or chile sauce.
- Note: You can also use cooked shredded chicken.