BLT CupsFrom chuckieb 1 year ago
- 24 cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 24 teeny pieces of lettuce or arugula (I used baby spinach leaves) shopping list
- 3 slices cooked bacon, torn into small shards shopping list
- 1/2 cup flavoured mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip) - I mixed about a tsp. of sriracha into my mayo but the original recipe gives directions to make your own homemade aioli flavoured with chipolte. I also think a Caesar flavoured dressing would be fun inside and you could call them mini Caesar cups and maybe add a little crouton? shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the bottoms off the cherry tomatoes. They will stand on their tops.
- Gently squeeze the pulp from the inside of the tomatoes with your fingers and turn upside down on a piece of paper towel to drain.
- Spoon a tiny amount of the flavoured mayo into each little tomato cup to fill, making sure not to overfill. The recipe's author also suggested using a pastry bag fitted with a small tip to pipe the mayo into the tomato and I think that's a great idea.
- Stuff one piece of lettuce into each tomato cup. I used a small paring knife to help get it to the bottom. And then add a shard of the cooked bacon as a garnish in the mayo beside the leaf of lettuce.
- Voila. Now pop one in your mouth! YUM!