Beer Battered Oven Fried FishFrom frankieanne 3 years ago
- 1-1/2 Tbs vegetable oil (I used a vegetable/canola blend) shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt (I used 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1/4 tsp of salt) shopping list
- 2/3 cup beer shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs (1 should be enough - I used 1-1/2 cups and threw half of it away) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (adjust if you cut down on the breadcrumbs) shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs firm white fish fillets such as grouper, catfish or tilapia cut into 4" x 1" strips (I used cod) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Coat the bottom of a jelly roll or baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Combine flour, pepper and garlic salt in large bowl.
- Add beer and stir well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg white into the flour mixture. See Photo
- Have a sip of the leftover beer (this was my addition :D).
- Dip one fish strip into the flour mixture and then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining fish strips.
- Lightly coat strips with cooking spray (I forgot to do this!).
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from the oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil the fish strips one minute or until the tops are lightly browned.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, California
The Rating1 people
Catfish is my choice!!! Yum!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Hehe, I changed my catfish choice to red snapper. Kiddo ate his plain, husband ate his with cocktail sauce, and I ate mine with just some lemon squeezes. Very nice recipe! Added this to the IMI group --------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it