AranciniFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 1 cup short grain risotto rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese + more for garnish shopping list
- 1-2 oz. fresh mozzarella, cubed – enough for 12 pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used fresh) shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- handful basil, chiffonade shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oil to 375F in a deep fryer or wok.
- Cook rice uncovered until tender, but firm – about 20 minutes. When done, remove from heat and add butter. Mix to incorporate. Spread out on a large parchment lined tray to cool.
- Once cooled, place in a large bowl and add egg yolks and parmesan cheese Mix well.
- Take about 1/3 cup of rice mixture and shape into a ball in the palm of your hand. Make a well in the center of the ball and place a piece of mozzarella in the center. Rework the ball to enclose the cheese.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl, beat until stiff.
- Put bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Coat rice balls with stiffened egg white one by one, then roll in bread crumbs, pressing around to coat evenly. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Fry for about 4 minutes until golden brown and crispy all around. Remove and transfer to a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- To serve, garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and basil chiffonade. Enjoy as is or with a delicious sauce such as my Tomato Butter Sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!