Bacon Jalapeno QuesadillasFrom mommyluvs2cook 11 months ago
- *For the quesadillas: shopping list
- 2 tortillas, any flavor shopping list
- 1/3 hefty cup of pepperjack cheese shopping list
- 2 slices of chopped cooked bacon (Pour the grease out of the pan but don't wipe down (hehe) shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 8 thin slices of jalapeno (ended up being about half of a medium for me) shopping list
- *For the sour cream sauce: shopping list
- 2 Tbs sour cream (can use light) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sriracha shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sugar shopping list
- Dash of each: cayenne powder, onion powder, garlic powder, S&P (taste and adjust as needed) shopping list
- Small squirt of lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the sauce ingredients up first and set aside to let the flavors melt and it makes it nice and creamy.
- In a very small pan, saute the sliced jalapenos in a dab of butter until slightly sauteed..
- Take the two tortillas and lay side by side. Put half of the quesadilla ingredients on half of each tortilla. Gently fold each one over.
- Put a small amount of butter in the bacon pan (if it looks like there's enough grease don't add this). Add the tortillas cheese side down. When brown, flip from the open side so you don't lose stuff. Brown and serve with the sauce along side. It was yummy!
- (I put this as a main dish but certainly would work as an appetizer for the hungrier one's, or shared for 2)
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
The Rating1 people
Ooooh, I have to make this. Bacon, jalapeno, cheese and rooster......You're killing me : ) Thanks for sharing. No cilantro eithermrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
LOVED this. Added some green onions. A great quesadilla with some good heat. Made 3. Oh, and I didnt have sour cream, so I made up a chipotle mayo. Awesome....Thanks for sharing another great one. More in IMI moremrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it