Brandied Shrimp In Tomato Cream SauceFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 30 raw jumbo shrimp (24 ct. at least) shelled and deveined shopping list
- 1/2 teas salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup of olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brandy shopping list
- 1 cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced and sauteeed in 1/2 tablespoon of butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine shopping list
- 2 16 oz cans of peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Split shrimp down the back and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat oil in large skillet; cook garlic lightly. Add shrimp and cook five minutes.
- Stir in brandy, continue cooking 3 minutes.
- Add cream, cook stirring constantly until brandy and cream have almost cooked to nothing. Add pepper, oregano, onion, wine and tomato sauce.
- Cook for 8 - 10 minutes over low heat to meld the flavors.
- Serve with a crusty bread for dipping and enjoy.