Spinach Ricotta Gnocchi with pepperoncini and sage butterFrom franz 7 years ago
- 300 g spinach leaves without the shafts shopping list
- 100 g butter shopping list
- 50 ml olive oil shopping list
- 250 g ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic shopping list
- 3 eggs medium size shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
- 150 g flour shopping list
- 50 g durum wheat semolina shopping list
- 1 small red onion shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 20 leaves of sage shopping list
- 1/2 red pepperoncino shopping list
- 50 g pecorino cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Wilt the water dripping spinach in a hot pan. Then rinse it in very cold water. Squeeze the water out and chop the spinach finely.
- Purée the spinach, 50 g butter, ricotta, eggs, 1/2 clove of garlic with salt, pepper and nutmeg in a food processor. Then mix it with the flour and the semolina. Let the mixture rest for about 30 min. in the fridge.
- Use a wide pot to cook 5 litres of salt water ( 1/2 tbsp. salt at least for 1 litre of water). Use two tablespoons to shape oval gnocchi, put them into the boiling water and simmer them for additional 3 min. after they have risen to the water’s surface. Remove them from the water and let them drip off on a kitchen paper.
- Cut the peeled onion in fine slices and fry them with 50 g butter and 50 ml olive oil in a pan. Stray some sugar over the onions and fry until they are slightly golden. Now add 1/2 clove of garlic and 1/2 pepperoncino without the seeds, both finely diced. Cut the sage leaves in small strips and add them with the dripped gnocchi. Swing the gnocchi in the pan until they are warmed up. Serve on warm plates and stray some pecorino cheese over the gnocchi.