Grilled Dill Scampi ShrimpFrom keni 11 months ago
- 3lbs shrimp, peeled and de veined(keep tails on, if desired) shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1 stick butter, melted and slightly cooled shopping list
- 3 large lemons shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- about 1/4 cup fresh dill, loosely packed(or sub a couple T dried) shopping list
- several dashes favorite hot sauce shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Add shrimp to a large zipper bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, butter, lemon juice from 2 lemons, zest from 1/2 lemon, garlic, dill, hot sauce salt and pepper.
- Pour over shrimp. Toss to coat well.
- Let rest 15-30 minutes.
- Grill(skewer or in a basket) or broil over high heat until shrimp begins to curl and turns pink.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining marinade until boiling, reduce heat and simmer at least 10 minutes.
- Brush on shrimp immediately after removing from grill.
- Serve with extra lemon wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
Yum! I am loving the flavours in this:)Good4U in Perth loved it
Argh....missed seeing this recipe this morning before I headed to the Farmer's Market. Walked right past the fresh dill and now I'm kicking myself I didn't grab any. Next week! Looks AWESOME!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
It was soooooooo good! The lemon zest put it over the top. Fresh dill rocks. Loved all the flavours. Added it to IMI. Grilled Dill Scampi
10/20/13chuckieb in Ottawa loved it