Pasta In A Smokey Bacon Tomato And Basil SauceFrom stueg 9 years ago
- 6 rashers lean smokey bacon trimmed & cubed shopping list
- Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g) shopping list
- 3 cloves smoked garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 onion, medium diced shopping list
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- Tsp hot chilli powder shopping list
- 1 chicken stock cube shopping list
- 2 Tsp tomato puree shopping list
- 2 Tsp caster sugar shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- Handful fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 150g Brown pasta shopping list
- For the garlic bread shopping list
- 1 ciabatta bread, halved shopping list
- 50g butter shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- tomato chutney shopping list
- 50g mature red cheddar grated shopping list
How to make it
- (1) Boil pan of water for pasta.
- (2) Add olive oil in a medium sized pan then add bacon & onion cook for 5 mins.
- (3) Add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms & crushed garlic & bring to the boil.
- Add chicken stock cube, chilli powder, tomato puree, sugar & basil and leave to simmer for 15 mins.
- (4) Add salt & pepper to season.
- (5) Drain pasta & stir into sauce.
- (6) Serve in a bowl.
- Garlic Ciabbatta With Tomato Chutney & Red Cheddar
- (1) Crush garlic & add to melted butter.
- (2) Brush garlic butter onto both sides of Ciabatta.
- (3) Spread tomato chutney onto garlic bread then top with grated cheese & put under grill until it is golden.
The Cookstueg Carlisle, US
The Rating4 people
I love this recipe but I will give the chutney a miss, rather just plain cheese maybe with springonion and drizzle with balsamic. Thankz anyway I am going to make the pastatinadc in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!