Garlic Parmesan Topped Dinner RollsFrom keni 1 year ago
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2t active dry yeast shopping list
- 2t vital wheat gluten(optional) shopping list
- 2T raw sugar(or sub granulated) shopping list
- 1/2t salt shopping list
- 1 stick butter, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- about 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1T dry italian seasoning(or sub 2T fresh or use the concentrated stuff from the produce section. This is what I used, and recommend it :) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced(sub about 2t garlic powder, if desired) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat milk and 1/2 stick butter in microwave on low heat just until butter starts to melt.
- Remove from microwave or stove and mix slowly until butter is completely melted.
- Add yeast, gluten, and sugar to the milk mixture and let set about 10 minutes. (make sure this foams, thus "proofing" the yeast. If it doesn't, check your yeast date and start over, making sure you don't over heat the milk, should just be 75-100 degree)
- Put 1/2 the flour and salt in a mixing bowl
- Add egg and the milk, yeast mixture and begin mixing at a low speed until mixed.
- Add rest of flour, mix, till you have a soft, smooth and elastic dough. Dough should feel slightly tacky but pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover and rise in a draft free, warm place for 30 min.
- With lightly floured hands, shape into 12 rolls.
- Melt remaining butter in a small bowl carefully mix in the herbs(if using dried or concentrated) and garlic.
- Put Parmesan(and fresh herbs, if using) in another small bowl.
- Dip tops of each roll into first the butter mixture, then the Parmesan.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet, stone or cast iron skillet. See Photo
- Let rise until doubled in size, about 20 minutes..
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. See Photo