Meatball Mushroom SoupFrom keni 2 years ago
- 1 1/2lbs lean ground meat(chicken, turkey, beef, venison, porkor a mix of any of these) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs(seasoned, if possible) shopping list
- 2T worcestershire sauce, divided shopping list
- 1 large onion, half grated, half minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, Asiago or romano cheese shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided shopping list
- 1t dry mustard shopping list
- 1t smoked paprika shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1/2-2t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 6 cups beef stock shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- leaves from 6 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1lb fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- plenty of fresh ground pepper and a lil kosher or sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- In large stock pot or dutch oven, melt butter with olive oil.
- Add minced onion and celery and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine ground meat, egg, breadcrumbs, 1T Worcestershire sauce, the grated onion, 1 clove garlic, dry mustard, Paprika, a lil salt and pepper and cheese.
- Gently mix until well combined.
- When veggies begin to soften, add remaining garlic and the red pepper flakes and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Add all the stock and thyme.
- Form meat mixture into small, well packed balls and drop into the sock.
- Increase heat to medium high and cook, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are just cooked through.
- Taste broth and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook another 30 minutes, or so, until mushrooms are cooked to desired doneness.
- Add a lil more fresh grated cheese at serving, if desried
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating3 people
Great warm me up soup.
1/4/14pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Has it all for a sub-freezing January day.
See Soup Again Iii for more slurpings.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
What a wondedrful soup Keni:) I made this for Keni Cooking Day...1/30/2016
More in IMI
Meatball Mushroom SoupNPMarie in Magalia loved it