Hamburger Potato SoupFrom asmith 2 years ago
- 1/2-1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 6-8 potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4-6 cups low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella) shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2 heaping tablespoons cream soup base shopping list
- 2 teaspoons basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dill shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- onion powder and garlic powder (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In your soup pot brown hamburger with onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink, drain.
- Add vegetables, broth, and basil. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender combine milk, flour and cream soup base, blending until smooth.
- While stirring, gradually pour in milk then add dill. Turn up the heat a little, continue to cook and stir until soup begins to thicken.
- Stir in cheese and cook a couple of minutes more.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and other spices, if using.