Sopa Tarasca Con CarneFrom keni 1 year ago
- 1/2lb ground chorizo shopping list
- lil olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 14oz fire roasted tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 140z diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 8 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 heaping T ancho, pasilla or guajillo chili powder shopping list
- 2-3 of the above peppers, dried, whole shopping list
- 2t ground cumin shopping list
- 1T Spanish paprika shopping list
- 1T fresh oregano(or sub 1t dried) shopping list
- 1T fresh thyme(or sub 1t dried) shopping list
- lil kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
- chopped green onion, cilantro, Cotija cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Cook chorizo, onion and garlic in a lil olive oil until meat is done.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until thick and all meat and tomatoes are broken up into small pieces.
- Return to stove and add stock, chili pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Drop in whole dried peppers and stir.
- Heat at a simmer for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the whole peppers to serve and add green onion, cilantro, cheese, sour cream and tortillas.