Easy Marinara SauceFrom gourmetana 8 months ago
- 2 yellow onions, finelly chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, finelly chopped shopping list
- 2 carrot, grated shopping list
- 2 (32 oz) large cans tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup good olive oil shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 hand full fresh chopped basil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- pinch of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot heat the olive oil and saute the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes. Sitr occasionally.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes. Stir again.
- Season the sauce to taste and add a pinch of sugar (or more if needed) to balance the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for 1 hour, pan uncovered.
- Add the basil and simmer for another 5 minutes and discart the bay leaf.
- I like to reduce the sauce to a puree using a hand blender, but you can leave this step out.