Blender KetchupFrom MissouriFarmWife 10 months ago
- 48 (8 lbs) tomatoes (I have used cherry tomatoes with good results) shopping list
- 2 ripe sweet red peppers shopping list
- 2 sweet green peppers shopping list
- 4 onions shopping list
- 3 c. vinegar shopping list
- 3 c. sugar shopping list
- 3 tblsp. salt shopping list
- 3 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tso. whole allspice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. whole cloves shopping list
- 1 t/2 tsp. broken stick cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Quarter tomatoes, remove stem ends Add peppers, seeded and cut in strips; add onions, peeled and quartered. Mix. I have also added one jalapeno pepper to add a little zing to the recipe.
- Put veggies in blender, blend on high 4 seconds, pour into large pan. After all are blended, add vinegar, sugar, salt, and mustard. Tie remaining spices in cloth and add. (I have substituted ground spices but the flavor is better with the whole.)
- Simmer, uncovered, in slow oven (325 degrees) or electric skillet. When mixture is reduced to half, fill 5 sterilized pint jars. Place in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, remove set aside to cool.