Egg Tofu ScallopiniFrom meltingwok 10 years ago
- 2 tubes of egg tofu ( store-bought, OR you can make this at home by steaming mashed eggs with regular tofu, refrigerate for later use ) shopping list
- 10 peeled shrimps shopping list
- handful of bay scallops shopping list
- minced chicken breast ( OR any other meats ) shopping list
- chopped green onions shopping list
- shaoxing wine ( OR any other cooking wine ) shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp Poloku seasoning ( is a all 100% mushroom & vegetable seasoning, you can substitute this with your choice of brown sauce, ie. oyster sauce, OR mushroom soy ) shopping list
- sugar and salt to taste shopping list
- cornstarch solution shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the tofu in one inch slices, pan fry on both sides until brown, and then set aside on a sizzling hotplate/ regular plate.
- Saute the green onions, scallops, shrimp and minced meat.
- Add a dash of white pepper, a splash of cooking wine, and a 10oz of water.
- Mix in the mushroom seasoning, sesame oil, sugar and salt to taste.
- Stir in the cornstarch solution, cook to a boil, simmer for a minute or so.
- On a sizzling hot plate/ not, pour the gravy over the pan-fried tofu.
- And there you have it, a yummylicious dish of sizzling egg tofu on the wok. Optionally, you can also stir in an egg into the gravy as it is boiling for that extra OOMPH :)
The Cookmeltingwok Covina, CA
The Rating6 people
WooHoo...I love abit of extra OOMPH in my cooking, this looks like one of those recipes:-))
I find alot of westerners are reluctant to cook meat with fish, I have no idea why looking at recipes like this. This is great Shirly, its got abit of ev...morebonzaichef in Rochester, Kent. loved it
Oh this is on my list of top ten best recipes,you got my 5 fork rating.
Love everything about this gem.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Looks so good. I love tofu recipes.kidaria in BC loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!