Zook SouffleFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups of grated zucchini-coarse side of box grater shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 1 cup of scalded milk shopping list
- 6 peppercorns shopping list
- 1 half of onion shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 6 passes of fresh nutmeg over a microplane shopping list
- 6 eggs separated shopping list
- more butter (or use the saved butter wrappers you have in your refrigerator, just for greasing the inside of cake pans and souffle dishes) shopping list
- 1/4 grated asiago cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Salt the zucchini, let sit in colander while you make the sauce. Put in clean kitchen towel and wring it dry.
- Heat milk to scalding with onion, peppercorns & bay leaf. Reserve.
- Melt butter and whisk in flour in another sauce pan. Cook over medium heat til thick and smooth.
- Strain hot milk and add to the roux off the heat, whisk til smooth.
- Back on the heat, low-medium, cook until very thick.
- Season with nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and 1/4 teas of salt.
- Beat egg yolks til lightened.
- Add one spoonful of cream mixture to egg yolks, mix well to temper the eggs, add eggs back to white sauce.
- Add in zucchini. Stir to mix.
- Beat egg whites nearly to stiff peaks.
- fold in base mixture.
- Prep souffle dish by buttering the dish and coating with the grated asiago cheese.
- Fill with light fluffly zucchini base.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.