Crock Pot Beans Over RiceFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 1/2 pound bacon, pork, turkey, or vegetarian, cut in pieces shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 bay leaf (optional) shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- Splash of worcestershire sauce to your tastes if desired shopping list
- 1-16 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1-16 ounce can nothern beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1-16 ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1-16 ounce can blackeye beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 -16 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- cooked rice or mashed potatoes to serve shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional) shopping list
- sour cream to garnish (optional) shopping list
- ***edited August 20, 2007 at 10:00 p.m.*** shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon and onions until golden brown.
- Place in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot (except rice or potatoes and not the cheese)
- Give a GOOD stir to mix everything together.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes and sprinkle with a generous amout of shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating2 people
I made this today. It is a very hearty meal, probably better suited for the winter months. I enjoy it, but the ketchup seems prominent. I wonder if reducing the amount of ketchup or adding some Worcestershire sauce might help counteract that.batona in Millville loved it
I am eating some of the leftovers now. I added a sprinkle of Worcestershire sauce to it and it cut the ketchup enough for my liking. I love concoctions and this one suits my palate.batona in Millville loved it