Spicy Szechwan Ground Pork NoodlesFrom Tim Pang 7 years ago
How to make it
- Marinate the ground pork with ligh soy sauce, garlic-chili sauce, and sweet bean paste. Let sit for 5 - 10 minutes. If you like your dish extra-spicy, like I do, then add more of the garlic-chili sauce. Otherwise, don't add more than one teaspoon of this fiery sauce.
- Bring a pan of water to boil. Select a pan at least 10 inches in diameter so that the somen noodles can sit comfortably without touching the edges of the pan.
- Add the somen noodles and allow to soften for 5 - 6 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the noodles, strain, rinse, and place in a bowl. The pork will go over the noodles later.
- Pre-heat a large pan or wok on high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the marinated ground pork and stir-fry quickly for about 5 minutes. Here, we are just giving the meat that initial sear.
- Make sure to spread the pork out evenly across the pan. Do not let the pork sit and cook or it will stick together like a steak. I like to use a bamboo spatula to press the meat out rather than a silicone one, as bamboo is much sturdier.
- One the meat is distributed across the pan, I add a bit of water (about 4 - 5 tablespoons). I then turn down the heat, and put a lid on the pan, allowing the meat to cook thoroughly. If you like more gravy, you can always add more water. The dish can be fine-tuned by adding more salt and pepper if you add too much water.
- Finally, add a teaspoon of the dark soy sauce to enrich the color of your gracy. Pour over your noodles, and garnish with a sprinkling of the parsely flakes.
The CookTim Pang Scranton, PA
The Rating4 people
Was looking for something simple to do with ground meat and this is great! My mom used to make something similar with carrots added.unswissmiss in Basel loved it
Wow I have been looking for a recipe like this one. You have my 5.kidaria in BC loved it
Yummy....this is for me and the rest of the heathens can fend for themselves. Great post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!