Roasted Pepper and Garlic ChickenFrom lor 8 years ago
- 6 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless) shopping list
- 5-6 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red peppers, drained & sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix the oil and crushed garlic cloves. Set aside and let stand for at least 15 minutes. Warning: do not prepare this garlic oil mix more than 2 days in advance, to avoid the development of the botulism bacteria.
- In a small bowl, using a whisk, mix 1/4 cup of the oil mix, the oregano, the pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Place a chicken breast between 2 sheets of Saran Wrap (or a large freezer Ziploc). Using the flat side of a meat hammer, flatten the chicken breast to approximately 1/2 inch thickness. Repeat for each chicken breast.
- Using a cooking brush, cover each side of the chicken breasts with the oil mix (the 2nd one with oregano, pepper and garlic powder) and sprinkle the salt lightly on each side.
- In another small bowl, mix the rest of the garlic oil with the roasted peppers and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- On a BBQ medium-high heat, place the chicken breasts on the oiled grill of the BBQ. Cook for 3 minutes, flip, then cook for another 3 minutes. (This time is not long enough if you have not flattened the chicken breasts).
- In a serving plate, garnish each chicken breast with the roasted pepper mix.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
I love this dish, we usually use more garlic and chili pepper flakes.. other than that it sounds like the way we make it... must be a southern thing, lol
I hope you add some more great dishes for us to enjoy. happy cooking and thanks for posting...moreshirleyoma in Cove loved it
Great recipe Lor, thanks for sharing.
Malakmlk_ in Brooklyn loved it
Yum!uncoolmom in Atlanta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!