Little Italy Grilled Cheese SandwichesFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 8 slices good-quality bread, French or Italian shopping list
- mayonnaise shopping list
- 8 teaspoons Olive Spread; tapenade of kalmata olives shopping list
- 1-1/3 cup provolone cheese, grated shopping list
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup jarred pepperoncini, drained and minced shopping list
- 16 slices salami, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix provolone and mozzarella cheeses. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix peppers until well blended.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of 4 slices of bread.
- Flip over and top 1/4 cup of cheese onto each slice.
- Place 2 slices of salami on top of cheese.
- Top each layer of salami with 1/4 of the pepper mixture.
- Top pepper mixture with 2 more slices of salami on each.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of kalamata olive spread on each remaining slice of bread.
- Top sandwiches with olive spread-side down.
- Spread top of bread with mayonnaise.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet, sprayed with some butter-flavored cooking spray, over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Place sandwiches in skillet and press down lightly to compact.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip sandwiches and press down lightly again. About an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately.
- Cook until golden brown.