Blueberry CakeFrom nytkrew 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, add about 1/4 cup of sugar to keep them stiff.
- Cream shortening, adding salt and vanilla.
- Add remaining sugar to this gradually.
- Add unbeaten egg yolks and beat until it is light and creamy.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Fold in the blueberries (take a bit of the flour called for and gently shake the berries in it so they wont settle).
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Sprinkle top of the batter with some granulated sugar.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes.