Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Lime GlazeFrom kandi928 9 years ago
- For the cake: shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 18 Tbs. (2 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese shopping list
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tsp. finely grated lime zest shopping list
- For the glaze: shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- confectioners' sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- For best results, all the ingredients for this Bundt® cake should be at room temperature (about 70°F); none should feel cool to the touch. This can take about 2 hours for refrigerated ingredients. To hasten the process, soften the butter and cream cheese separately in the microwave at 10-second intervals, and place the eggs in a bowl of warm water.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 325°F. Grease and flour a rose cake pan or a 10-cup Bundt® pan; tap out excess flour.
- To make the cake, over a sheet of waxed paper, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until creamy and smooth, about 30 seconds. Gradually add the granulated sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to medium-high and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla and lime juice.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in three additions. Beat each addition until just incorporated, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the lime zest.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, spreading the batter so the sides are higher than the center. Bake until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cake cool upright in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and granulated sugar until blended.
- Set the rack over a sheet of waxed paper, invert the pan onto the rack and lift off the pan. Using a pastry brush, brush the warm cake with the glaze. Let the cake cool completely before serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving. Serves 16.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkandi928 KIRKLAND, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!