Squashy Aubergine CasseroleFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 eggplant, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 2 zucchini, diced medium shopping list
- 1 yellow zucchini, diced medium shopping list
- 3 shallots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 12 white mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- ½ tsp paprika shopping list
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 28 oz diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- ½ cup sherry shopping list
- 1 cup cooked cannellini or butter beans shopping list
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, grated shopping list
- ½ cup gorgonzola chese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Score eggplant in a crisscross pattern.
- Brush eggplant with olive oil, roast 45 minutes, skin-side up. Peel and chop flesh, set aside.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Heat fry-pan, spray with non-stick spray.
- Add all vegetables but eggplant, tomatoes and beans. Stir well.
- Add garlic, paprika, and cayenne.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Add eggplant and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook 12 minutes.
- Add sherry and beans, mixing to thoroughly combine.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased baking pan.
- Cover in cheese, bake 12 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Oh my! This sounds delicious! Best of all most of the ingredients are in my garden! 5 forks from me!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
On A Budget557 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables384 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members