Garlic Potato SaladFrom primalux 9 years ago
- 5 small russet potatoes, cubed, I leave the skins on but it's really up to your personal preference shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, thiny sliced into "chips" shopping list
- vegetable oil (whatever kind you want, I used canola) shopping list
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped black olives shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2/3 cup mayo shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce (I used shitake flavor) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp regular soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (Sri Racha works well) shopping list
- parsley to taste(I used dried, use fresh if you want just chop it up pretty finely) shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water, add cubed potatoes, boil until soft. Standard potato salad beginnings!
- When they're done, drain them in a colander and let them cool.
- While they are cooling add some oil to a large skillet and fry the garlic chips until they start getting crispy and slighty browned.
- Now add the boiled potatoes and pan-fry until they too start getting crispy and slightly browned. Pretty much like making home fries.
- Don't let the garlic burn.
- Throw some salt on there if you'd like.
- While the potatoes are frying, mix all the sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
- Taste...taste good? If not, adjust the flavors until it does.
- Let it sit there while you finish the potatoes, then add the potatoes and garlic, and the olives as well.
- Use a large spoon and mix everything up until the potatoes are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Now stick the bowl in the fridge for an hour or two so everything cools down and the flavours blend. The garlic will also absorb a lot of the sauce and become soft and sweet and tasty.
- Ta-da! Super delicious potato salad.
The Cookprimalux San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!