GREEN MEADOWS SIX-WEEK BRAN MUFFINSFrom recipediva 8 years ago
- When filling the pan, fill it in one scoop. That is how you get a nice muffin top. shopping list
- 5 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 5 tsps baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsps salt shopping list
- 2 tsps ground allspice shopping list
- 1 15 ounces box bran flakes with raisins shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 quart buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tsps vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Using the largest bowl you have, combine the first four ingredients. Add the bran flakes and sugar, and mix.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the eggs, add the oil, buttermilk, and the vanilla to the eggs and blend.
- Pour the eggs mixture over the flour mixture and stir well.
- Transfer the batter to a large plastic container that has a tight fitting cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- This batter will keep for 6 weeks. (Date the container the day you make the muffins.)
- When ready to bake,(DO NOT RE STIR BATTER WHEN DIPPING TO FILL MUFFIN PANS. WHEN FILLING PAN BE SURE TO FILL THE PAN IN ONLY ONE SCOOP, THIS GIVES THE MUFFIN A NICE TOP.)To bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using about ½ cup batter for each, drop the batter into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until the top springs back when touched with your finger.
- These are the best!!! They never last six weeks. DON"T substitute the butter milk.