Fresh Hummus With Pine NutsFrom jesuslincoln 9 years ago
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) can chick-peas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/3 cup well stirred tahini shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup water, plus extra, if needed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted lightly shopping list
- toasted pita thins, as an accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- Mince and mash the garlic to a paste with the salt.
- In a food processor, puree the chick-peas with the garlic paste, the tahini, the lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the oil, and 1/2 cup water, scraping down the sides, until the hummus is smooth
- Add salt, to taste.
- Add water, if necessary, to thin the hummus to the desired consistency and transfer the hummus to a bowl.
- In a food processor, puree the remaining 1/4-cup oil with the parsley until the oil is bright green and the parsley is minced
- Transfer the parsley oil to a small jar.
- The hummus and the parsley oil may be made 3 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Divide the hummus between shallow serving dishes and smooth the tops.
- Drizzle the hummus with the parsley oil and sprinkle it with the pine nuts. Serve the hummus with the pita.