Smores In A JarFrom leigh561 6 years ago
- 1 quart mason jar shopping list
- 1 sleeve graham crackers shopping list
- 1 package holiday marshmallow peeps shopping list
- one bag of holiday M&Ms candies (regular ones, not the peanut shopping list
- kind) shopping list
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- a circle of fabric or paper, and ribbon or raffia to decorate the lid. shopping list
- Card stock or paper for tag. shopping list
How to make it
- Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
- Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 qt jar. Pack down the crumbs a bit.
- Place about 1/4 cup of M&Ms candies on top of the graham crackers.
- Arrange 8 to 12 marshmallow holiday peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar. Press them up against the glass, but don't squash them.
- Depending on the type of peeps available you might use either one row (like christmas trees or bunnies) or 2 rows (like pumpkins or hearts).
- Carefully spoon remaining cracker crumbs in the center of the jar to support the peeps, pressing down to keep it snug.
- On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup M&M's (holiday colors to suit).
- Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M's, gently pressing with a spoon. If you have any room left over, then fill the jar to the top with M&Ms.
- Print or handwrite a tag to attach to the jar
- Holiday S'MORES
- Empty the jar contents into a bowl.
- Snip the peeps into bits with kitchen shears or cut up with a knife.
- Return the bits to the mixture
- Mix well.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour this over the dry ingredients mixing well.
- Pat into a greased 8" or 9" square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.