Chicken A La KingFrom dandelion 7 years ago
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 6 T. butter shopping list
- 4 T. flour shopping list
- ½ t. salt shopping list
- ½ t. pepper shopping list
- 2 c. milk or half milk half chicken stock shopping list
- 2 ½-3 c. cooked diced chicken shopping list
- 1 c. cooked peas shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 t. onion juice shopping list
- 1 T. lemon juice shopping list
- ½ t. paprika shopping list
- Sherry to taste shopping list
- 3 T. diced pimento shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté mushrooms in half the butter.
- Blend in flour salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for one minute.
- Add milk/stock to the mixture.
- Heat the sauce until thickened.
- Add the chicken and peas.
- Place into a crock pot or double boiler and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter, cool slightly; beat in egg yolks, onion juice, lemon juice and paprika until thick. Temper the egg yolk mixture with several additions of sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into sauce and chicken.
- Add sherry to taste.
- Serve in pastry shells or over toast triangles.
- Garnish with pimento.