Pumpkin Seed Pesto with Pumpkin RavioliFrom bemontgomery 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup hulled pumpkin seeds (green best) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup packed parsley (fresh) shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup EVOO shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan (fresh, grated) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 lbs pumkin ravioli (see other recipe) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pumpkin seeds on rimmed backing sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine seeds, parsley, and garlic in food processor and process until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil in a steady stream and process utnil smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Scrap mixture into a bowl and stir Parmesan, cayenne, and cinnamon. Season with salt. Pesto will be thick.
- Cook ravioli according to directions. Set aside one cup of pasta cooking water, drain ravioli, and return to pot. Gently stir in pesto and enough reserved water to miosten ravioli. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookbemontgomery Fishers, IN
The Rating5 people
I have hulled pumpkin seeds that I found in a health food store. Why shell your own? This recipe sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Yep- this is for me as well- sounds fantastic...wrigggit in Perth loved it
I finally made this recipe last night. See Bemontgomery's Pumpkin Ravioli recipe for my notes on the ravioli themselves.
This sauce was absolutely scrumptious! However, I can only in good conscience rank it 4 Forks because as yummy as it ...morescrumptious in San Francisco loved it