Dr Pepper Flank SteakFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak shopping list
- 16 ounce bottle Dr. Pepper® soda shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried granulated garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine Dr. Pepper®, garlic cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Place flank steak in shallow dish and pour Dr. Pepper® mixture over top.
- Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate 12 hours turning once during marinating time.
- Mix all ingredients for grill seasoning and store in tightly sealed container.
- When steak is done marinating, remove from refrigerator and pat dry with paper towels.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Season both sides with grill seasoning.
- Grill 3-4 minutes per side. Never cook flank steak past the medium-rare stage or it will end up being very tough.
- Remove from grill, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut aross the grain into 1" slices.
- To use as fajita filling, warm tortillas and fill with steak and choice of toppings.
- Try with avocado sour cream; guess what...the recipe is posted :)
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!