Easy Potato And Broccoli SoupFrom dariana 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 (14 1/4-ounce) cans chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 3 cups peeled, cubed potato (about 1 1/4 pounds) shopping list
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 7 teaspoons shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 7 teaspoons fully cooked bacon pieces shopping list
- 7 teaspoons chopped green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together flour and 1/3 cup chicken broth until smooth.
- Combine remaining chicken broth and next 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk and 8 ounces shredded cheese. Cook mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Top each serving of soup with 1 teaspoon cheese, 1 teaspoon bacon pieces, and 1 teaspoon chopped green onions.