KapustaFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter + 2 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups white mushooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 medium head of cabbage, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-32 ounce jar of sauerkraut, drained and presse shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a skillet, heat 4 tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- In a saucepan over high heat, boil cabbage for 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, combine onions, mushrooms, cabbage, sauerkraut, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Dot with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter on top.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.