Slow Cooked Spaghetti Bolognese with KICKFrom pierrekuhn 7 years ago
- 600g lean beef mince shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 can of good quality canned tomato shopping list
- 250 g of tomato paste (get the best you can find!! Makes huge difference) shopping list
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb mix shopping list
- 1 bunch Italian parsley shopping list
- 300ml of red wine. Heavy is good like Cabernet Sauvignon shopping list
- Grande Parmesan (the older the better) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Chop up onion in junky bits
- Heat up a saucepan and add olive oil. When hot add the dried Italian herbs and infuse the oil. Be careful not to burn the herbs.
- Add onion as soon as herb flavours rise and reduce heat to medium. When onions are glazed add to slow cooker.
- Add bit more olive oil to pan and heat up on high. When hot add mince and garlic.. Brown mince and add to slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and red wine. Add a little salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Serve with al dente (not overcooked.. still bitey) cooked pasta of choice with grated parmesan and chopped parsley on top.
- If you don't have a slow cooker you can do this on the stove top as well. The trick is never never let it boil. This will evaporate the alcohol and kill the flavour. Also you need to stir and add water occasionally if done on stove.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookpierrekuhn Sydney-AUSTRALIA, NSW
The Rating3 people
I am on this website on the strength of this dish! I've used it for 'bole' for quite some time now and it has replaced every jar of ready made mush available! After experimenting a little I have to agree that your tips on wine and good quality ingre...moreTribsful in loved it
I am on this website on the strength of this dish! I've used it for 'bole' for quite some time now and it has replaced every jar of ready made mush available! After experimenting a little I have to agree that your tips on wine and good quality ingred...moreTribsful in loved it
Okay, when are you inviting me over? Sounds delicious!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it