EASY GARLIC RICEFrom desertgal 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine shopping list
- 1 cup long grain rice shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- ¼ cups parsley, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Put the oil in a skillet and sauté the onions and garlic until golden.
- Add rice, broth, thyme and bay leaf and bring to a boil uncovered, turn down heat to low cover and simmer about 25 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Give a little stir after 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf and stir in the parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookdesertgal Billings, MT
The Rating4 people
My family loved this rice! Thank you for having in the direction "until liquid is absorbed" so that we don't make the same mistake as Chefmike (by the way it's spelled sense) and overcook our rice :) More in the IMI -------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
This was great a nice changerollmaker in Billings loved it
sounds yummy will have to try this one.dfangel in Vancouver, BC loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!