Burmese Tomato SaladFrom mbe 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted or deep fried until nicely toasted (and drained) shopping list
- 2 small dried red chilies, deep fried/roasted with the peanuts then seeded and set aside (alternately use a fresh chile or some sambal olek) shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 - 2 Tbsp lime/lemon juice or neutral vinegar shopping list
- 2 - 3 shots fish sauce shopping list
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- coriander to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a mortar and pestle or with the side of a large knife crush a handful of the peanuts quite well.
- Break up the chilies and add to the peanuts along with the rest of the liquid ingredients.
- Stir well to make sure the sugar is dissolved, then add more of whatever seasoning you think you need.
- Sprinkle on top of the cut up tomatoes (+/or cukes, red onions, blanched green beans, etc...).
- Add some fresh chopped coriander and the rest of the peanuts lightly crushed.
The Cookmbe Vancouver, CN
The Rating2 people
I have been living on and enjoying salads for over a year. (Not exclusively, however.) I especially like adding some kind of nuts.dynie in Marietta loved it