Sunday Chicken Dinner SpecialFrom chefcarolyn 9 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not instant) shopping list
- 1 box Uncle Ben's original wild rice mix shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 5 pieces chicken, whole or cut up (potluck dinners) shopping list
- 1 can golden mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 soup can of water shopping list
- 2 cups corn or other vegetable, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle rice in bottom of 9x13” shallow casserole. Sprinkle with seasoning packet and pour water over top and mix well, making sure that all the rice is moistened.
- Place the chicken in a single layer over the rice. Sprinkle vegetables around the chicken, if using.
- Mix the mushroom soup and can of water thoroughly. Pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 F or 2 1/2 to 3 hours at 250 F. If baking at the lower temperature, add an extra can of water to the mix.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookchefcarolyn Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating4 people
I've made something pretty similar to this, it was great, thanks for reminding me of this one, haven't made it in quite sometime. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Wow, that was fantastic and EASY. I think this belongs in my "Quicky" hall of fame. Thanks Carolyn.dugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
The Uncle Ben's wild rice mix comes with a seasoning packet. You can also use a package of dry onion soup mix.chefcarolyn in Oklahoma City loved it