Noble Sage Chicken SaladFrom pierrekuhn 6 years ago
- 400g chicken thigh shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 bunch sage shopping list
- 1 hand full pine nuts shopping list
- 1 avocado shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 tbs butter shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- good olive oil shopping list
- caramelized balsamic vinegar (or normal balsamic with a bit of sugar in it) shopping list
- mixed leave salad for 2 plates shopping list
- 8 cherry tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put into bowl.
- Chop up 2/3 of the sage and the garlic and place into mortar. Add salt white pepper and bash it hard to release all the oil in the leaves. Add olive oil and mix together. Add to bowl with chicken and set aside to marinade for approx 30min.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Reduce to quarter heat and roast pine nuts slowly. When brown take out and place into bowl but leave butter.
- Take remaining sage leaves, (leave whole) and drop into hot butter. Let them frizzle up a little but don't overdo them. They need to go just a little crunchy. Take out and add to pine nuts. Add good amount of salt to the mix, stir and set aside.
- Divvy up salad on plates, half cherry tomatoes and add. Half avocado take out stone, slice with rounded tip knife and spoon out. Arrange on plate leaving space in the center for the chicken.
- When ready to serve heat up pan, drop in the chicken and fry golden. Spoon into center of salad.
- Drizzle with good olive oil and caramelized balsamic. Then sprinkle pine nut / sage leave mix all over.
- Serve with Champagne or Sauvignon Blanc.
The Cookpierrekuhn Sydney-AUSTRALIA, NSW
The Rating4 people
Very nice recipe..thanks for posting.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Oh this looks so good and perfect for the weather here!! Thanks for the post!!mango in Marion loved it
I agree. and I have a huge sage bush that i need to use up!
Your recipes so far are really awesome. I hope you keep them coming.
invisiblechef in loved it