Nut BreadFrom nancerose 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl stir together, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In another mixing bowl combine beaten egg, milk, and cooking oil. Add to flour mixture, stirring just till combined. Stir nuts into batter.
- Pour nut-bread batter into a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours .
- 7 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 2-inch for 40 to 45 min.
- 30 to 35 minutes for 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch loaves, or until a toothpick inserted near the loaf center or centers comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan or pans for 10 minutes. Remove; cool thoroughly on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 1 large loaf. 2 small loaves or 6 miniloaves
- Cheese Nut Bread: Prepare as above except reduce sugar to 3/4 cup and add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed or dried basil crushed to the flour mixture. Add 1 cup shredded cheese (4 ounces) to batter with the nuts.
- Cranberry Nut Bread: Prepare as above, except add 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel to the flour mixture. Add 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries to batter with the nuts.
- Apricot Nut Bread: Prepare as above, except add 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel or finley shredded lemon peel to the flour mixture. Place 1 cup stripped dried apricots in a small bowl; pour boiling water over apricots. Let stand 5 minutes, drain well. Stir apricots into batter with the nuts.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!