Chicken In Orange Juice and PineappleFrom berry 6 years ago
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh, frozen or canned) shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon1/2 taspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 pounds chicken shopping list
- seasoned flour for dredging ( 2/3 cup flour, 3 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper) shopping list
- small amount of shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken, flour shortening and nuts.
- Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour and sauté in the shortening until well browned, turning now and then.
- Transfer the chicken to casserole or glass baking dish .
- Pour over sauce and bake at 325 grades for 15 minutes; raise heat to 350 grades and finish baking, about another 20 minutes.
- Top with almonds and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
The Cookberry Riverside, Ca
The Rating6 people
You have Excellent recipes...This one is outstanding. Thank you for sharing.rml in loved it
What an ususual way to prepare chicken. Definitely a must try. Thanks for posting.danadooley in Singapore loved it
Annie that sauce is wonderful I can already taste the sweet pineapple and raisin with brown sugar.
I am saving and printing the beauty to share.
Five forks and a great big smile:)
trigger in loved it