Cuban Water BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm potato water, let sit 10 minutes.
- Stir in 7 cups of the flour and salt.
- On a well-floured surface, knead dough for 10 minutes, incorporating in the last cup of flour.
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Let rise until doubled.
- Using a lightly floured board, form dough into 2 round loaves.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on baking sheet; place loaves on top.
- Cover, and let rise until almost doubled.
- Slash top with a sharp knife. Brush top of loaves with cold water.
- Place in a cold oven.
- Turn oven to 400F.
- Bake for 45 minutes.