Classic Macaroni And Cheese With A TwistFrom cherihannah 6 years ago
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni , Rotini or other medium pasta shape shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter shopping list
- 6 tablespoons all- purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pasta according to package instruction, drain and rinse under cold water and set aside
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a medium saucepan,melt butter or margarine over low heat.
- Stir in flour with a whisk and cook,stirring for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and bring the sauce to a boil,stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat
- Add Cheddar cheese,cayenne pepper and salt.
- Stir until the cheese has melted.
- In large mixing bowl, stir the cheese sauce and pasta together.
- Spoon into a 1 1/2 quart oven proof casserole dish.
- Sprinkle Parmesean cheese over the top.
- Bake until browned on top and hot all the way through( about 35 min.)