Chocolate TacosFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- chocolate Tortillas: shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons good quality unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 cup skim milk shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil (either vegetable or EVOO) shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- Fill with whatever fruit is fresh and wonderful: shopping list
- strawberries (grind a tiny amount of fresh pepper over them, or if they're not especially sweet, slice and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and let sit for an hour) shopping list
- raspberries shopping list
- blackberries shopping list
- blueberries shopping list
- Chopped mango shopping list
- Kiwi shopping list
- Sliced peaches (grate some nutmeg over them) shopping list
How to make it
- Tortillas: Beat all ingredients until smooth. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over moderately high heat. Pour in a little less than 1/4 cup of batter and tilt pan quickly to spread batter into an even circle.
- Once the edges look dry (2 or 3 minutes), flip it and cook another minute or two on the other side.
- If you have a taco rack, put the soft tortilla in that to firm up, or drape it over a rack
- Serve: with a coordinated fruit sorbet, garnished with a mint sprig and edible flower.