Whole Wheat and Flax Meal TortillasFrom bunnyrock 6 years ago
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, less 3 tablespoons shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flax meal (ground flax seeds) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon or so each of any seasoning you want to use (I usually use a combination of three of the following: nutritional yeast, powdered garlic, powdered ginger, sage, chili powder) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
How to make it
- If using bowl and hands: Mix dry ingredients together, and add wet - if too dry, add more water by the teaspoon. Knead until not too stiff.
- If using food processor or stand mixer: Use dough hook. Mix dry ingredients together. Turn on machine, and add wet. If too dry, add more water by the teaspoon. Leave machine on until ball of dough forms.
- Wrap dough ball in saran wrap and let stand for ten minutes.
- Separate dough into eight pieces and form into balls. Cover in saran wrap and let stand for another ten minutes.
- Roll out each ball into a ten inch round. Stack on plate and cover with a tea towel so they don't dry out.
- If using a stove top, using a large griddle, preheat on range element to medium high / high. If using an electric griddle, do the same. Do not grease.
- Place dough round on griddle, flipping when air pockets inside the round start to inflate, making sure to pierce the bubbles to release the air. Tortillas are cooked when they are slightly golden in colour on both sides.
- Use immediately, store in refridgerator in Ziplock bag for up to five days or freeze for future use.
- To use out of fridge or after defrosted:. Heat, one by one, in griddle until pliable, or place one on plate, put filling in middle, and place in microwave, on high, for 15 to 20 seconds
The Cookbunnyrock Columbus, CA
The Rating7 people
Wow. These sound so healthy. Will be making them for lunch wraps. Thanks!bigeats in San Francisco loved it
These sound very healthy, thanks for this, will bookmark.organicmama in loved it
These sound reaLLY GOOD, FAR BETTER THAN SHOP BOUGHT.oldchem in Lancaster loved it