Burgundy Meatloaf In SourdoughFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 1 long loaf (1lb.) sourdough French bread shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons catsup shopping list
- 1 cup shedded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leave shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.F
- Cut a thin slice from the top of the loaf. Scoop most of the bread. Tear to make 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs(top slice and remaining bread can be used as bread crumbs in other recipes).
- Brown onion and mushrooms in 1 1/2 tablespoons butter.
- Beat egg with catsup. Mix in bread crumbs, 1/2 cup cheese,wine or broth,and seasonings.Lightly mix in ground beef and onion mixture.
- Spoon meat mixture into hollowed-out bread. rub crust with remaining butter. Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 375.F for 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours
- Fold back foil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Return to oven. Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Cut into 1-inch slices to serve.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating5 people
This was very good. I made my own sourdough bread. The only issue I had (and it could have been my bread) was that it was hard to cut through the bottom of the bread.LoriBTX in loved it