Rice paper rollFrom jackkekempsey 7 years ago
- 2 (about 380g) single chicken breast fillets, trimmed shopping list
- 8cm piece fresh ginger, sliced shopping list
- 35g rocket leaves, washed, dried, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked, washed, dried, roughly chopped shopping list
- 100g dried soba (buckwheat) noodles shopping list
- 2 tsp wasabi powder shopping list
- 2 tsp water shopping list
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce shopping list
- 1 tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 8 round (23cm-diameter) rice-paper sheets shopping list
- 6 radish bulbs, washed, sliced shopping list
- 25g (1/2 cup) fried shallots (Maesri brand) shopping list
- soy sauce, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Half-fill a medium saucepan with water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken and ginger and simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Shred and place in a large bowl with the rocket and coriander.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Place wasabi powder and water in a jug and stir until smooth. Add sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and stir until combined. Drizzle over chicken mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Soak 1 rice-paper sheet at a time in a shallow dish of warm water for 10 seconds. Drain on paper towel and transfer to a clean work surface. Place 3 slices of radish down the centre. Top with approximately 1 Ã?Â½ tablespoonfuls of chicken mixture, some noodles and sprinkle with some of the fried shallots. Fold in sides and roll up to enclose filling. Transfer to a tray. Repeat with remaining rice-paper sheets, chicken mixture, noodles and fried shallots. Serve with soy sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookjackkekempsey Melbourne, Victoria, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!