Ground Chicken CurryFrom dvisscher 9 years ago
- 1.5 lb ground chicken (you can use ground beef if you prefer) shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 c mild or medium curry paste shopping list
- 3 medium white potatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced fresh coriander shopping list
- 1 10 oz bag frozen peas shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- rice, couscous, etc to serve over )I've used egg noodles in a pinch) shopping list
- plain yogurt, sour cream, fresh mint, candied lemon peel, fresh coriander etc. for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meat in frying pan, remove and set aside
- Add oil to same pan, cook onions, garlic, and jalapeno until softened (about 4 minutes)
- Stir curry paste into onion mixture.
- Blend well and let cook for one minute.
- Add meat back into pan with onion/curry mixture, along with diced potatoes and coriander. Stir to combine then stir in canned tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover pan and allow to simmer for about an hour to an hour and a half.
- Remove cover and add frozen peas, salt and pepper. Let peas cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice or couscous. Garnish with yogurt, etc. to taste.
The Cookdvisscher Cottam, CA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!