SLOPPY JOE TURNOVERSFrom henrie 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat,
- stirring frequently, until beef is browned and crumbly and onion
- is tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Add ketchup, chili sauce and vinegar to beef and onion; mix
- well. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Separate dough into 10
- biscuits. Press or roll each biscuit on lightly floured surface
- to a 6-inch round.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture onto half of each round. Fold
- round in half over filling. Press edges together carefully to
- seal. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake turnover until golden, 15-18 minutes. Serve warm.
- * It is important to let the beef mixture cool; if the filling
- is too hot, it can melt the biscuits.