Take Along Tomato SoupFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup onion, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 4 cups tomato juice shopping list
- 1 small bay leaf shopping list
- fresh minced parsley for color, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, saute onion in butter until softened.
- Add flour, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute or until bubbly.
- Gradully whisk in milk and tomato juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Add bay leaf. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Stir in parsley if desired.
- Pack in thermos to transport.
- This makes 5 1/2 cups.