Thai Coconut-Mango Sticky RiceFrom jackkekempsey 8 years ago
How to make it
- Rice: Cook rice according to package directions, but substitute coconut milk for half of the water, and add half the sugar.
- It should be fairly dry when you finish cooking it, without any liquid visible in the pot.
- Sauce: In a medium saucepan, boil the rest of the coconut milk with the second half of the sugar.
- Keep this at a full boil until the rice is cooked, or until it reaches a thick, syrupy consistency.
- Presentation: Arrange the cooked coconut rice in a bowl or plate with the mango slices in some kind of pretty formation and dribble a bit of the sauce over the whole thing
The Cookjackkekempsey Melbourne, Victoria, AU
The Rating8 people
OH MY GOSH! this is marvelous! your recipes are WOW! be my friend...berry in Winter Park loved it
I have made this with brown jasmine rice. Very good! never presented it as beautiful as you though. Great photos and great recipes.
I LOVE anything with coconut milk.
invisiblechef in loved it
I made this the other night, it was very good, and easy - worked out just like it was supposed to. I would reduce the sugar in the rice by 1/2 (2T rather than 4T), keeping the rest the same. Thanks!vainwi in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!